Joe Biden is planning to bring back the Obama era advancement of the LGBT agenda and, in the process, sweep away Religious Liberty protections. In fact, Joe is “proposing to carry out virtually every major proposal on their wish lists” upon inauguration, according to a new report.
The changes, according to AP, include:
– Lifting restrictions on military service for transgender individuals.
– Creating “high-level LGBTQ-rights positions at the State Department, the National Security Council, and other federal agencies.”
– Barring anti-LGBTQ discrimination by federal contractors.
– Reversing Trump administration policies that carve out religious exemptions in “social service agencies, health care providers, adoption and foster care agencies and other entities.”
– Pressuring public schools to allow transgender students access to the bathrooms, locker rooms, and sports teams that reflect their gender identity. The Trump administration had rescinded the Obama-era policy.
– Supporting a federal ban on conversion therapy for minors.
– Making the Equality Act a top legislative priority.
“Anti-equality forces are trying to use the framework of religious liberty to strip away individual rights,” Alphonso David, president of the Human Rights Campaign, told AP.
A statement on the Biden campaign website says the Trump administration has gutted “protections for the LGBTQ+ community by carving out broad religious exemptions to existing nondiscrimination laws and policies across federal agencies.”
“Biden will reverse Trump’s policies misusing these broad exemptions and fight so that no one is turned away from a business or refused service by a government official just because of who they are or who they love,” the Biden website says.
In response to the proposed advancements, Albert Mohler, president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, said that the Equality Act would be devastating for religious liberty in October.
“The fact is that this legislation is unquestionably radical, and it would bring about an immediate collision between religious liberty and the LGBTQ revolution, but in a whole new way, and with national legislation behind the momentum of the revolutionaries at the expense of religious liberty,” he said.
Joe Biden is not even in office yet, and already with the proposed new measures, Christians are going to suffer.