In a twist, at the United Nations Human Rights Council, major powers, including Russia and China, criticized the United States for its Human rights record on Monday. The major players, some allies, took issue with the death penalty, police violence against African Americans, and the separation of migrant children from their families.
“What we saw today was unsurprising condemnation by many countries around the world of the United States’ human rights record,” Jamil Dakwar, director of the human rights program at the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), told a news briefing.
“We’ve heard country after country…calling and urging the United States to take serious measures to address structural racism and police violence,” he said.
In June of 2018, the Trump administration left the U.N. Human Rights Council citing concerns; “I want to make it crystal clear that this step is not a retreat from human rights commitments,” Haley told the media. “On the contrary, we take this step because our commitment does not allow us to remain a part of a hypocritical and self-serving organization that makes a mockery of human rights.”
“If the Human Rights Council is going to be an organization we entrust to protect and promote human rights, it must change,” she said. “If it fails to change, then we must pursue the advancement of human rights outside of the council.”
The Human Rights Council now includes members such as; Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, China, Cuba, Qatar, Iraq, Angola, Burundi, United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and DR Congo. Furthermore, a list of condemnations regarding Human Rights from the U/N Human Rights Council is as follows; Israel 68, Syria 20, Burma 11, North Korea 9, Belarus 6, Iran 6, Eritrea 5, Sudan 3, Sri Lanka 3, Libya 2, Burundi 1, Honduras 1, Algeria 0, China 0, Iraq 0, Pakistan 0, Russia 0, Somalia 0, Turkey 0, Venezuela 0, Vietnam 0, Yemen 0, and Zimbabwe 0.
Israel has more condemnations by the UN Human Rights Council than North Korea, a place that is entirely disconnected from the rest of the world, led by a dictator who has continually threatened to start the next world war, pursued constant missile tests and has rigorously beaten, starved, and killed its own people. Furthermore, China has zero, even though there are daily reports of Christian Persecution, members of various religions who are sent to reeducation camps and once they’re forced to view the Chinese Communist Party as God.
🇨🇳 China, newly elected to the U.N. Human Rights Council, just reviewed the U.S. human rights record.
"China wishes to recommend to the U.S.:
1. Root out systematic racism, address widespread police brutality and combat discrimination against African- and Asian-Americans….“ pic.twitter.com/q2AUSKPTWZ
— UN Watch (@UNWatch) November 11, 2020
In addition, below is a brief list of the atrocities under the Chinese Communist Party, provided by FaithWire;
1. China is indoctrinating children against the “evil cult” of Christianity
2. The government has repeatedly lied about the coronavirus pandemic, which originated in China
3. Its state-run media is misrepresenting Scripture to attack the U.S.
4. The government is, at times, rewriting the Bible to promote communism
5. Communist officials are arresting and charging Christian ministers for no reason
6. Pastors in China face arrest if they don’t allow the government to install cameras into their sanctuaries for total surveillance
7. The government is continually destroying Christian places of worship and tearing down Christian crosses, replacing them with images of President Xi Jinping
8. Chinese authorities are turning shuttered churches into spaces to indoctrinate people with “party propaganda” in order to keep Christians from coming together
9. China is detaining Uyghur Muslims and placing them in concentration camps, which the government has called “re-education camps,” a form of persecution many U.S. lawmakers and some news outlets have condemned as genocide
Also, China is number twenty-three on the 2020 World Watch List.
Just recently, according to Bitter Winter, an outlet that monitors religious liberty violations in China, the restrictive government shuttered an old church in the southeastern province of Jiangxi in April because the congregation was “organizing illegal gathering[s]” and refusing to join the Three-Self Church, a government-backed and endorsed version of the church. It was then converted into a “Civilization Practice Station for a New Era,” a project launched by the Chinese Communist Party in July 2018 to encourage citizens to abandon their religious beliefs and follow the ways of the CCP.
The absurdity of the U.N. Human Rights Council; “China and Russia called on the United States to root out racism and police violence, while Cuba and Venezuela said it must provide equal access to health care during the COVID-19 pandemic.” Further, France called on U.S. authorities to halt executions at the federal level, close Guantanamo Bay, and “guarantee women and girls access to their rights and sexual and reproductive health.”
“A number of member states raised concerns about discrimination and excessive force in policing. Where there is misconduct by police officers or law enforcement agencies, state and federal law provide remedies,” Alexander Maugeri, U.S. deputy assistant attorney general, said.
The sheer audacity of the United Nations to allow the aforementioned countries entrance into the Human Rights Council is a statement to the heading of the United Nations; the globalist organization is no longer concerned with Democracy or Freedom; it’s concerned with control and as a result is aligning with countries like Saudi Arabia, Russia, Venezuela, and China where freedom does not exist.
Human Rights are sacred, and while every country, including the United States, will always have room for improvement, the narrative is clear from a global standpoint; undermine the United States as the sole global leader.